The Y has a long, proud history in camping activities and YMCA Camp Eberhart has been committed to nurturing youth development for more than 100 years. Not only do we provide a lifetime's worth of skills and experiences, but YMCA Camp Eberhart also strengthens the foundations of our communities through summer camp, specialty camps year-round, retreats, and other camping programs and activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities.
At YMCA Camp Eberhart, we are a haven for learning and achievement for all children with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
BY YOUR SIDE
Our equestrian programs combine trained horses, qualified staff, and excellent facilities to create a positive atmosphere where horse lovers can advance their horseback riding skills, expand their horsemanship knowledge, and enjoy riding with friends.
Often, the spark that is participation in our programs ignites the inspiration to become a horse owner. We encourage anyone who is interested in becoming a responsible horse owner to learn more.
You will leave the clinic knowing what it takes to properly manage your horses care and the costs involved. Lots of question answer time scheduled so that we can make sure that you get the information that you need.
We will bring many notable and qualified individuals to our facility to provide you with educated tips into all of the above, and more.
Saturday, March 31 ● 9:00 am-Noon
- Caring for the health of your horse
- Chuck Mittenberger/Purina Mills and the Buchanan Feed Mill will be on hand to discuss nutrition costs.
- A veternarian from Fedore Large Animal Clinic discuss wormings and vaccination needs such as how often, what time of year, and basic costs involved.
- Farrier Paul Tucker will demonstrate cleaning and trimming the equine foot with a live horse and discuss how often a horse needs to be trimmed and the basic costs involved.
- Hands-on: learn techniques for lifting, cleaning, and recognizing problems with feet.
DON'T MISS THE DOOR PRIZES!
- Using Credit or Debit card, call 269-244-5125.
- Cost: $60 .00
Deadline: Friday, March 23, 2012
If you plan to attend, please register early. Space may be limited. Maps can be snail mailed, emailed or faxed.
Refund policy: To withdraw and receive a full refund, please let us know at least one full day prior to the start of the scheduled activity.
Cancellations: We reserve the right to cancel any activity due to low enrollment, inclement weather, or other threatening conditions. In this case, participants will be issued full refunds.